Senior Application Developer
- Translate business and technical requirements into extensible, scalable, and maintainable services.
- Evaluates performance results and recommends major changes affecting short-term project growth and success.
- Functions as a technical expert across multiple project assignments related to software analysis.
- Designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and implements software.
- Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications.
- Researches, tests, build, and coordinate the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements.
- Designs and develops new software products or major enhancements to existing software.
- Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms.
- Consults with project teams and end users to identify application requirements.
- Performs feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management.
- Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
- Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- Instructs, assigns, directs, and checks the work of other software developers on development team.
- Participates in development of software user manuals.
- 5-10 years of professional experience
- Knowledge designing, code analysis, requirements analysis, software review, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis, and software reliability analysis.
- Software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, software review, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis, software reliability analysis.
- Full lifecycle application development including managing, authorizing and editing of front end graphical user interfaces uses web based techniques and standards.
- Demonstrated experience with current versions of Red Hat Linux and Microsoft
- Demonstrated experience providing solutions with Microsoft environments, Java, and ability to interface with different databases including Oracle and MSSQL
- Ability to support, maintain, and document software functionality.
- Possess software testing and quality assurance knowledge.
- Demonstrated skill in performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, and automation.
- Ability to interface with different databases including Oracle and MSSQL.
- Ability to document the results of testing and identify areas of deficiency.
- Experience with team leadership and delegation of tasks to team members.
- Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments.
- Proficient in Java, Spring Framework and restful web services.
- Ability to design & develop interfaces to, and integrate COTS products
- Hands-on integration of Linux/Unix-based systems
- Experience with model driven software design and development
- Experience with full life cycle software development (design, development, unit test and software integration test)
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Requires an active Top Secret clearance
- Preferred to have a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field with eight (8) years of equivalent work experience.
- Biometric system development, preferably large-scale facial recognition systems (FRS).
- JMS, JAX-WS (SOAP based Web Services), Eclipse IDE
- Scrum processes
- Atlassian toolsuite