Encode and decode biometric images across many platforms and mobile devices faster and easier than ever before.
What Is Image?
Image is an advanced cross-platform Java library that enables an application to read, write, and edit images in all common biometric image formats. It utilizes highly optimized state-of-the-art algorithms to achieve native code performance without the hassle of using the Java Native Interface(JNI).
Custom-tailored for biometric collection devices and identification systems
Image is designed with biometric system and collection device software development in mind. It has built-in support for commonly required functions such as encoding raw images from a collection device, extracting subimages, downsampling 1000 DPI to 500 DPI, and much more!
Includes the industry’s first and fastest pure java FBI-certified WSQ algorithm
Image is trusted in the largest biometric systems as well as thousands of collection devices worldwide. Image handles the many nuances that are only learned through experience and not found in any image format specification. By incorporating Image, you can build on our experience and focus on the features important to your application.
IMAGE IS ALSO FBI-CERTIFIED ON OUR C# .NET VERSION
- Developer client/workstation licenses are provided free of charge
- Simplified integration into Android applications
- Supports many image formats including BMP, FAX, JPEG, JPEG-2000, PNG, PNM, RAW, VECTOR (NIST Format), and WSQ
- High-accuracy RAW image dimension detection
- Industry-leading WSQ performance
- Supports any pixel scale including 500 and 1000 DPI
- Easy-to-use interface
- Conversion to and from platform specific image formats (e.g., java.awt.BufferedImage or android.graphics.Bitmap)
- Includes NIST recommended 1000 DPI to 500 DPI downsampling algorithm
- No explicit memory deallocation required
- FBI-certified WSQ image quality
- Supported on multiple platforms including Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, and Android